Tracey A. McLean has nearly three decades of experience litigating a vast array of cases before state, federal and administrative courts, and has dedicated the last two decades exclusively to the representation of employers, insurance carriers, and third-party administrators in workers’ compensation claims. Her representative clients include local, regional, national and international companies. Getting to know her clients, and forming enduring relationships with them has been the cornerstone of her practice.
She is involved in every aspect of the defense of the claim from inception to closure, with a commitment to the “cradle to grave” handling philosophy and working closely with employers and claims professionals to meet or exceed the goals of their risk management program. Tracey has handled every type of accident and occupational disease claims, including asbestos/dust disease, multiple chemical sensitivity, exposure, and even death claims.
In addition to her practice, Tracey is active with the animal rescue community in Central New York through fostering, transporting, and advocating for homeless animals, as well as fundraising for the non-profit agencies that care for them. She has been a member of the Arbitration Panel for the Syracuse City Court, adjudicating cases and issuing binding decisions on disputes; a Law Guardian in the Fourth Department, representing and protecting the interests of children in legal proceedings; and a Pro Bono panelist of the Onondaga County Bar Association, providing legal advice and assistance to victims of domestic violence.
Upstate New York Super Lawyers, 2010-2021, 2017-2021
The Super Lawyers patented selection process is peer influenced and research driven, selecting the top 5% of attorneys to the Super Lawyers lists each year. The Super Lawyers selection process takes into account peer recognition, professional achievement in legal practice, and other cogent factors.
Bar and Court Admissions
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
U.S. Supreme Court
Syracuse University College of Law | J.D., 1990
Binghamton University | B.S., 1986
Orange County Community College | A.A., 1984
Central New York Workers’ Compensation Bar Association
New York Self-Insurers Association
New York State Bar Association
Onondaga County Bar Association
News & Events
News & Events
- Press Release, “Vaughan Baio & Vaughan Baio & Partners Welcomes Shannon T. O’Connor As Firm Continues Growth in New York State,” Vaughan Baio & Partners, November 9, 2021
- Feature, “Company news: Four to lead Vaughan Baio & Partners office opening in Syracuse,” Syracuse.com, August 24, 2021
- Feature, “Vaughan Baio Snags 9 From Goldberg Segalla, Grows In NY,” Law360, August 11, 2021
- Feature, “Phila. Boutique Takes 9-Lawyer Workers’ Comp Team From Goldberg Segalla to Lead NY Expansion,” The Legal Intelligencer, August 10, 2021
- Press Release, “Vaughan Baio & Partners Welcomes 9 New Attorneys in Two New Offices in NYS,” Vaughan Baio & Partners, August 10, 2021
- Co-Author, “With Friends Like These: An Assessment of New York State Workers’ Compensation ‘Reform’,” USLAW Magazine, Spring/Summer 2018