Mr. Oster, known for being an aggressive litigator, concentrates his practice on general negligence, premises liability, motor vehicle liability, trucking, sexual assault, professional liability, medical malpractice, employment law and several other practice areas. He has also investigated potential instances of insurance fraud for several clients.
Mr. Oster has experience at all levels of case management, from pre-litigation advisement and opinion through settlement, arbitration and mediation and, if necessary, trial. He is also skilled in general contract matters, negotiations, and government affairs. He has served as a member of emergency response teams for various national clients, as well as regional coordinating counsel for a multinational energy corporation. He has obtained numerous defense verdicts at arbitration and/or trial.
Mr. Oster performs pro bono services for the Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania, representing indigent clients in matters involving protection from abuse and custody, as well as for the Superior Court of Burlington County, New Jersey, where he represents low-income individuals in defense of minor criminal infractions and family law matters.
- Obtained a defense verdict for a trucking company when the plaintiff was struck by the client’s trailer’s tires after exiting his truck and remaining in the roadway.
- Obtained a defense verdict for an armored truck company where distant video footage reflected that the plaintiff was racing his vehicle and failed to apply his brakes prior to colliding with the side of the client’s truck.
- Obtained a defense verdict for a construction company where the plaintiff alleged that the roadway condition in a construction zone caused extensive property damage to his luxury vehicle.
- Obtained a defense verdict for a construction company where the plaintiff claimed that his house suffered property damage while an adjacent rowhouse was being constructed.
- Secured a “no pay” settlement for a commercial premise’s owner per the utilization of a construction contract’s pre-operation indemnity agreement in a motor vehicle case where the accident occurred at a property that was actively under construction.
- Secured a “no pay” settlement for a beer bottling line manufacturer by establishing that injuries suffered by a repair technician occurred due to the negligence of the brewery’s employees as opposed to the actions/inactions of the manufacturer.
- Secured summary judgment for a vehicle repair facility where the plaintiff suffered a heart attack when his vehicle caught fire shortly after being repaired.
- Secured summary judgment for a vehicle rental company upon establishing that the client could not be liable to the plaintiff under applicable federal law.
- Secured the voluntary dismissal of a multi-plaintiff sexual assault case when, in conjunction with assisting in the defense of criminal charges, extensive investigation revealed that the allegations asserted against the client were fabricated.
- Secured the voluntary dismissal of a personal injury action when extensive investigation revealed that the incident in question occurred on an adjacent property.
- Secured the voluntary dismissal of a Family Medical Leave Act case after evidence reflected that the plaintiff’s termination was due to reasons unrelated to his utilization of FMLA benefits.
- Secured a plaintiff’s social media login credentials after showing the court that publicly posted content warranted an exploration of privately posted content.
Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2017
Bar and Court Admissions
U.S. District Courts of the Eastern & Middle Districts of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court of New Jersey
Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
Supreme Court of New Jersey
Pro hac vice admission in Delaware and Maryland
Widener School of Law/ Delaware Law School, J.D.
University of Delaware, B.A., Political Science, concentration in Politics and Journalism
American Bar Association
Philadelphia Bar Association