Raymond Cobb has almost 40 years of trial and litigation experience, having appeared as counsel in all courts in Delaware and before various Delaware administrative boards. Additionally, he has appeared as trial counsel in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and other states.
For most of his career, he has represented corporations and individuals in a variety of matters including director and officer liability, shareholder litigation and employment and commercial matters.
Raymond has also represented individuals and corporations in the Delaware Court of Chancery. His experience includes:
- Defense of wrongful discharge claims,
- Breach of employment contracts and restrictive covenants,
- Disability discrimination claims under the Americans with Disabilities Act,
- Age discrimination claims under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act,
- Actions filed under the Family Medical Leave Act and Fair Labor Standards Act and
- Claims of unlawful harassment and race and gender discrimination under Title VII and Section 1981.
Raymond has served as national trial counsel for a manufacturer in product liability matters, playing a key role in numerous expert depositions and trials in jurisdictions throughout the country. He has also defended insurance coverage and declaratory judgment actions on behalf of insurance companies. He has defended multi-million-dollar construction defect claims on behalf of general contractors and developers, as well as liability claims on behalf of trucking companies.
As a part of his representation of manufacturers, he has defended claims for exposure to asbestos, benzene, lead, talc and other alleged toxic substances.
Bar and Court Admissions
U.S. Supreme Court
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
Villanova University School of Law | J.D., 1982
University of Delaware | B.A., 1979
Delaware State Bar Association