M. Jacqueline Larkin is an attorney in the Philadelphia office of Vaughan Baio & Partners, who represents clients throughout New Jersey and Pennsylvania in federal and state courts and has tried cases to verdict in both states. She represents clients in bankruptcy matters as well as in civil and complex commercial litigation. On the bankruptcy side, she represents creditors and lenders in bankruptcy matters, foreclosures and collections. In litigation, she represents business owners in matters involving construction defects, products liability, premises, and corporations in matters involving complex contract and employment disputes.
Jacqueline graduated magna cum laude from Widener University Delaware Law School. She graduated from the Pennsylvania State University with High Distinction with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Management and Marketing. While in law school, she worked as an extern for the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, and was a certified legal intern at the Delaware County District Attorney’s office. She was also a senior staff member on The Delaware Journal of Corporate Law and was the recipient of the Lucinda L. Peipher Award in International Law.
Main Line Today, # 2 Bankruptcy Attorney, August 2013
Main Line Today’s annual rankings awards and recognizes the most sought-after attorneys in the region, as chosen by their peers.
Widener Delaware School of Law, Lucinda L. Peipher Award in International Law, 2010
- Successfully defended a developer in a complex trial in Jersey City, in a construction defect case involving the historic Jersey City Medical Center.
- Obtained a defense verdict in a hotly contested food poisoning case against a restaurant owner, that included claims of wrongful death. The success of the verdict hinged on obtaining an order of preclusion with regard to the inflammatory evidence. This limited the damages sought by the plaintiff’s family at the time of trial based on the unrelated wrongful death claims.
- Represents creditors in Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy proceedings in order to protect their rights in secured and unsecured loans, represents creditors in mortgage foreclosure proceedings both contested and uncontested, handles collection actions to obtain favorable outcomes, and works with creditors and debtors in reaching amicable settlements.
Bar and Court Admissions
U.S District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S District Court for the District of New Jersey
Widener University Delaware School | J.D., magna cum laude, 2010
Pennsylvania State University | B.S., summa cum laude, 2005
Delaware County Bar Association
News & Events
News & Events
- Quote, “What’s next for mortgage lenders, borrowers after foreclosure moratorium ends,” Philadelphia Business Journal, August 3, 2021
- Author, “Three Things to Know: Employee Handbooks Post COVID-19,” Vaughan Baio & Partners, July 19, 2021