Ms. Altman focuses on complex civil litigation, primarily representing clients in construction, commercial motor vehicle, product liability and premises liability matters. She counsels and defends Fortune 500 companies and privately held companies as well as individuals in matters involving serious injury and death.
Ms. Altman has served as a judge pro tempore for the First Judicial District of Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas of Philadelphia since 2017.
While in law school, Ms. Altman was an executive member of the Moot Court Board and served as a teaching assistant for the Advanced Contract Drafting and Negotiations course. She was an Academic Skills Program Dean’s Scholar and a Marshall-Brennan Constitutional Law Fellow.
- In re: Market Street Building Collapse – Counsel for property owner in major jury trial resulting from a building collapse and destruction of the adjacent Salvation Army thrift store, which caused six deaths and catastrophic injuries.
- Spady v. Acme – Summary judgment for snow removal company and supermarket obtained based on assumption of the risk doctrine, affirmed on appeal to the Superior Court of Pennsylvania.
- Creative Retail Commc’ns, LLC v. Jason Kinser & One Nineteen W. Main, LLC – Preliminary objections sustained for restaurant and restaurant owner, dismissing plaintiff’s defamation complaint for lack of personal jurisdiction, affirmed on appeal to the Superior Court of Pennsylvania.
- Fausnaught v. Newport Capital, Inc. – Facilitated mediation between plaintiff and ten defendants, with ultimate resolution of wrongful death case.
- Saladhine v. McClean – The Superior Court of Pennsylvania affirmed defense verdict in multi-vehicle rear end accident (handled appeal).
Bar and Court Admissions
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law, J.D., cum laude
Temple University, B.A., English with a minor in Cognitive Neuroscience, magna cum laude