Ms. Mannion concentrates her practice on defending product liability and commercial transportation matters involving catastrophic injuries. She defends product manufacturers, restaurants, trucking companies, transportation network companies, food production companies and national supermarket and pharmacy chains.
Ms. Mannion has a history of counseling clients on sound litigation strategies that result in efficient and cost-effective resolutions. She has a proven record of success in defending clients at all stages of litigation, including mediations, appeals and arbitrations in state and federal court. Her broad range of civil litigation experience includes the defense of claims involving premises liability, professional liability, medical malpractice, contract disputes and insurance-related matters pertaining to coverage disputes, property damage and general liability.
Ms. Mannion is a certified arbitrator for the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas. She previously served as a volunteer attorney for the Support Center for Child Advocates, and as an adjunct professor of trial advocacy at the Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law her alma mater. While attending law school, Ms. Mannion was a member of the Villanova National Trial Team. The team won the 2009 and 2010 regional National Trial Competition, was a semi-finalist in the 2009 Lone Star Classic trial advocacy competition and won the 2008 Lone Star Classic trial advocacy competition.
- Defended multinational automotive parts manufacturer in cases involving wrongful death and catastrophic injuries.
- Secured the dismissal of breach of contract and negligence claims against a university in a premises liability action.
- Prevailed on a motion for summary judgment in a motor vehicle case involving a claim for negligent entrustment.
- Prevailed on a motion to dismiss defamation claims against a national bank in a federal lawsuit involving claims for violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Successfully argued appeal before Superior Court of Pennsylvania on statute of limitations issue.
Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2015–2020
Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association James J. Manderino Award for Trial Advocacy
David E. Worby Scholarship for Excellence in Trial Advocacy
Lewis Powell Medal for Excellence in Advocacy presented by the American College of Trial Lawyers
Bar and Court Admissions
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Villanova University School of Law, J.D.
Pennsylvania State University, B.S.
News & Events
“Limitation of Liability Clause Not Enough to Protect Accountant,” co-author, CPAGold, Jan. 9, 2016
“Coverage Denied for Attorney Mixing Business and Legal Advice,” co-author, CPAGold, March 31, 2016
“Negligence Claims Against Insurance Adjusters?” co-author, July 21, 2015