Claire T. Brookins focuses her practice on counseling and defending insurers, employers and third-party administrators in a wide range of workers’ compensation matters. She brings more than fifteen years of experience practicing workers’ compensation defense work before the New York State Workers’ Compensation Board. As part of her representation, Claire regularly appears at hearings and trials across New York State.
Claire’s extensive experience litigating claims includes conducting depositions of lay and expert witnesses, negotiating settlements, legal research, and preparing appeals, rebuttals and memoranda of law.
Earlier in her career, Claire practiced in multiple areas of law including divorce, real estate, bankruptcy, and product liability defense.
Bar and Court Admissions
U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of New York
State University of New York at Buffalo Law School | J.D., 1998
State University of New York College at Geneseo | B.A., 1994
News & Events
News & Events
- Author, “Stop Paying Fraudulent Claims – Here’s How,” Vaughan Baio & Partners, August 10, 2022
- Author, “Important Announcement Regarding Medical Treatment Guidelines,” Vaughan Baio & Partners, March 2, 2022
- Feature, “Company news: Four to lead Vaughan Baio & Partners office opening in Syracuse,” Syracuse.com, August 24, 2021
- Feature, “Vaughan Baio Snags 9 From Goldberg Segalla, Grows In NY,” Law360, August 11, 2021
- Press Release, “Vaughan Baio & Partners Welcomes 9 New Attorneys in Two New Offices in NYS,” Vaughan Baio & Partners, August 10, 2021