Bola Awujoola has advised and represented corporate entities and individual clients at various levels of the dispute resolution process. While starting as an in-house counsel for a global corporate services firm, based in Lagos, Nigeria, Bola subsequently garnered experience spanning close to a decade in complex defense litigation and appeared regularly before all superior courts of record in Nigeria, including the apex Supreme Court. In more recent years, Bola has focused his practice on providing counsel and representation to clients at all stages of workers’ compensation litigation —from intake to trial and appeal. Bola also defends employment liability, discrimination and civil rights/public sector claims in federal court. Thoroughness and passion are the hallmarks of Bola’s litigation approach.
Bola’s span of experience is extensive and his scope of knowledge is considerable. He graduated with Merit from Swansea University, Wales, United Kingdom where he earned his Master’s in International Commercial and Maritime Law. He also holds a Bar Qualifying Certificate from the Nigerian Law School and a Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) from Olabisi Onabanjo University, Nigeria.
Upstate New York Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2022
The Rising Stars list recognizes no more than 2.5 percent of attorneys in each state. To be eligible for inclusion in Rising Stars, a candidate must be either 40 years old or younger, or in practice for 10 years or less.
National Black Lawyers – Top 40 Under 40, New York, 2019-2022
Bar and Court Admissions
Swansea University | LL.M., Merit, 2012
Nigerian Law School | Call to Bar Certificate, Second Class (Upper) Honors, 2010
Olabisi Onabanjo University | LL.B., Second Class (Upper) Honors, 2009
Nigerian Bar Association
New York State Bar Association
News & Events
News & Events
- Co-Author, “New York Appellate Summaries, Workers’ Compensation,” Vaughan Baio & Partners, August 11, 2022
- Co-Author, “New York Appellate Summaries, Workers’ Compensation,” Vaughan Baio & Partners, January 27, 2022
- Co-Author, “New York Appellate Summaries, Workers’ Compensation,” Vaughan Baio & Partners, October 18, 2021
- Feature, “Company news: Four to lead Vaughan Baio & Partners office opening in Syracuse,” Syracuse.com, August 24, 2021
- Feature, “Vaughan Baio Snags 9 From Goldberg Segalla, Grows In NY,” Law360, August 11, 2021
- Press Release, “Vaughan Baio & Partners Welcomes 9 New Attorneys in Two New Offices in NYS,” Vaughan Baio & Partners, August 10, 2021